As mentioned in other blog posts, enzymes are created by the pancreas. Their purpose is to help break down the food you eat specifically carbs, proteins, and fats. After breakdown, your body is able to use the result to pass on to the rest of your body. When your body doesn’t produce a sufficient amount of this enzyme fluid, you can suffer from indigestion, bad cramping, smelly greasy stools, and others. To help fix this problem, pancreatic enzyme supplements help your body function at the appropriate levels by adding an additional amount of enzymes through taking these supplements.
Pancreatic Enzyme Supplements come in a variety of options. The prices and dosages range a great deal. Before deciding to take a supplement, ask a doctor which is best for you. You don’t want to pay for an overpriced supplement if it’s not right for you. Some common brand names for these supplements are Creon, Pancrease, Protilase, Ultrase, Zenpep, and Zymase. There are vegetarian blends, specific extractions of certain vegetables, animal, and many types of blends and or combinations.
Tips about Taking Pancreatic Enzyme Supplements
– If not at every meal, for sure when eating acidic foods
– Drink a generous amount of water with your supplements
– Give it some time to work and allow your body a chance to get things worked out
– Lower dosages of pancreatic enzyme supplements can be taken without pancreatitis
– If you can’t take the pill, break it up and mix it with a small amount of liquid (not milk, ice cream, tea, etc..)
– Take your medication/supplement on a regular basis for better results
– If overdose is a problem, call the US National Poison Hotline at 1-800-222-1222
– If you’re taking other medications make sure that the supplements can be taken together without complications
– Diarrhea, constipation, dizziness, cough, nausea are some common side effects (if they persist contact a doctor)
If you have further questions or would like to request more information on these supplements, please feel free to contact us. Remember to contact a doctor before taking any supplements to find out what will best fit you. There are many different brands and options that you can find supplements ranging from $7 to $80. Not all supplements work the same and might work with your body differently. Lastly, just because you’re taking a supplement doesn’t mean you can eat whatever you want. It will be effective only if you help it to be by doing your part.
Pancreatitis Diet eBook Report
Enter your email below and get Free Instant Access to our exclusive pancreatitis report.
Thousands have enjoyed my free eBook and receive a weekly letter with exclusive pancreatitis diet tips.